This article is for Super Admins, Admins, and Team Leaders.
Need inspiration for creating automatic campaigns? Get some ideas here.
Part I: How To Create an Automatic Campaign
Creating an incentive campaign with Qarrot is easy to do. But first, we recommend that you have the following ready:
STEP 1 - DETAILS
1. Your campaign title
2. Your campaign description
3. Your campaign's start and end dates and times (the start date/time must be greater than the campaign's creation date)
4. The banner image file (max of 3 MB) you want to include with your campaign (optional)
5. The terms and conditions related to the incentive (optional)
6. You can attach documents (max of 3 MB) to your campaign's details (optional)
STEP 2 - PARTICIPANTS
7. A decision about who will participate and how. In other words, do you want people to participate individually or in teams? As individuals, you're rewarding participants for their individual performance. As teams, you're rewarding participants based on the total performance of the team they're affiliated with (the team format is only available once a least one team is created).
8. Select the participating individuals or team(s). If you select 'Everyone', all people in the organization (except the campaign manager) will be participating in the campaign.
If you 'Select profile fields', you can filter the list of participants by the custom profile fields set organization-wide.
STEP 3 - OBJECTIVES AND AWARDS
10. Select 'Automatic' and select the unit you want to track during this campaign from the list of options (the unit is the metric you want to measure in this campaign).
Note: if you don't find a metric label that works for your campaign, contact your account manager (custom labels can be added upon request).
11. Set a maximum value per result entry (this doesn't limit the number of total result entries per participant).
12. Create the objective(s) and associated awards for this campaign among three options (you can combine objectives types):
Add an ongoing earn objective: this rule allows you to award participants each time they reach X unit(s). Then, create the award by adding bonus points and/or badges to it. Finally, set the number of units required from participants to earn this award.
Important: if you set more than 1 ongoing earn objective in a campaign, all will be triggered when their thresholds are met
Add a threshold objective: this rule allows you to award participants only when X unit(s) threshold is met. Then, create the award by adding bonus points and/or badges to it. Finally, set the number of units required from participants to earn this award.
Important: if you set more than 1 threshold objective in the same campaign, each one will be triggered when participants reach X unit(s).
Add a top performer objective: this rule allows you to award the participant with the most X unit(s) (only one participating individual or team can be awarded for reaching this X unit(s) objective). Then, create the award by adding bonus points and/or badges to it. Finally, set the number of units required from the participants to earn this award.
STEP 4 - APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
13. Decide how the results will be entered into the campaign:
By participants: participating individuals/teams enter their own results throughout the campaign. Check the box 'Approve all results before participants earn awards', as the campaign owner, you will have the responsibility of approving or denying the results entered by the participants.
Check out how to approve participants' results for more details.
By you, the campaign owner: upload your participants' results throughout the campaign duration using an Excel template.
Check out how to upload results in a campaign
14. Add custom entry fields to the participant result submission form for this campaign. You can create one or more custom fields that your campaign's participants will be required to complete when entering their results throughout the campaign. By default, the form has two mandatory input fields: number of units and date of occurrence.
You can add an alphanumeric field or attachment upload. You can customize the field's label title, caption, and placeholder text. The use cases for the custom field(s) be for a contract number, an acknowledgment form, a signature, a photo proof, etc.
15. Click 'Preview' to review all of your campaign's details.
16. Click 'Save'.
Note: you can find the saved campaign under the 'Scheduled' status filter on the Manage > Campaigns page. You can edit all of your campaign's information as long as it's scheduled. When it starts ('Running' status), you'll only be able to edit its details and participants list. Objectives and awards cannot be modified once the campaign is 'Running'.
Part II: How To Close an Automatic Campaign
You can close an automatic campaign whenever its status is either 'Running' or 'Finished' (an automatic campaign automatically closes at its end date if there are no 'pending approval' results).
1. Click the checkmark icon on the campaign you wish to close and select 'Close'
Important: Closing a campaign will dismiss any 'pending approval' result.
Note: you can find the closed campaigns under the 'Closed' status filter on the Manage > Campaigns page. View each campaign's reward report by clicking the arrow on the campaign and by navigating to the 'Award Report'.